By donating publicly traded securities, you are selecting the easiest and most tax effective ways to support the Baycrest Foundation during your lifetime and through your estate planning. Baycrest donor Oscar Zimmerman is urging others to think about giving a gift of securities – read his story here.
Contributions of stocks, bond and mutual funds are totally exempt from capital gains tax.
Giving a gift of stocks and securities is simple and can be completed by following steps:
- Download the letter of authorization Transfer of Shares Form
- Complete all sections of the letter of authorization
- Send one copy of the completed authorization form to:
- Your Broker or Investment Advisor
- Karen Belinsky at Baycrest Centre Foundation
- Baycrest’s Broker - Joshua Wise @ Scotia Wealth Management
4) Once the transfer is complete, Baycrest will contact you to confirm the amount of the charitable tax receipt